Top Ten Questions to ask the Day Home Educator in an interview
- What are the hours of care? Is the day home operating on a full-time, part-time, or shift worker basis?
- Is there an opportunity to visit and ensure the day home is a good fit for my child?
- What is the day home educator Early Learning and Child Care experience and education?
- What type Early Learning and Child Care Program. Does the educator plan field trips?
- What are the day home’s emergency procedures? Is there space for the children to play both inside and outside?
- Will the educator teach your child things you would teach in your own home?
- What is the educator’s process for dealing with behaviour concerns in the day home? Is it consistent with your families? Please note: It’s A Child’s World Family Day homes does not permit the use of corporal or exclusion punishment in any form at its day homes.
- How is my child’s learning and development documented and shared with me?